Friday, November 18, 2011

Bonsai? how do I keep a small fig small?

I've grown figs from seed, some from the same seed batch are 4 metres tall, another only 10cm tall. It has three leaves, a short stumpy trunk, it appears a healthy little fig, is it a natural bonsai?





The figs are eight years old, It is Ficus superba var.henneana. I'm quite happy to keep it small, which it is doing by itself. What should I do if it puts on a growth spurt? thanks, Peter

Bonsai? how do I keep a small fig small?
I think you'll find the Bonsai Care page on my website:


http://www.american-bonsai.com will answer most of your questions.


Translated, "bonsai" is a tree in a pot, but tradition has it styled as a miniature tree in a natural setting. Keeping it in a pot and trimmed well, will keep it small.
Reply:I am unable to give you proper answer


No comments:

Post a Comment